Staying focused on your studies is vital for you to succeed in your education. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to get rid of all the distractions that prevent you from proper study in Singapore. The good news is that with a little discipline, you can create effective study habits that will stay with you for the rest of your education. Here are 10 motivational strategies to keep you focused so that you can maintain a healthy study habit.
1. Choose Your Study Schedule: The first step to staying focused is setting the time and amount of studying you want to do each day. You should start with something easier to obtain before stretching it out so you can better stay focused.
2. Set Goals: The first question is what do you intend to accomplish for each study period? Take the first few minutes and go over what you want to accomplish, then set out to do it for your study period.
3. Eliminate Distractions: It’s too easy to check the internet, look out the window, or find some other distraction that takes you away from studying. Instead, when you choose your study time, eliminate all distractions, but reward yourself with some of them after completing a pre-set amount of time.
4. Remove All Other Tabs: When you are researching material for your studying, use only one tab and close all others. This will help you stay focused.
5. Write Notes by Hand: There is something about writing notes as opposed to typing that better plants them in our mind. So, take a notepad with you and write down your notes so they stay in your head.
6. Use Reminders: Reminders are there to help you remember things that need to be done. The good news is that the act of using reminders will often keep the information in your head so they become unnecessary. However, you will still need to use them just in case.
7. Find the Right Place: Where you study is almost as important as what you are studying. So, find the right place and prepare it for studying so you can accomplish your goals.
8. Limit Your Coursework: You only need to take on the amount of coursework that you can handle. Keep in mind that everyone is different, so while some can do more, others cannot. Find your limit and stick to it.
9. Reward Yourself: All the distractions that you love to do which interrupt your studying should not be fully removed, but instead redirected as rewards so that you can enjoy your studying better. Knowing that surfing the web is your reward for studying provides added motivation.
10. Make Corrections: You will most likely need to make changes in your study habits, so don’t be afraid to do so if the results help you. It’s okay to make mistakes, but not okay to fail to correct them.
When you study in Singapore, it can be difficult to get through all the distractions around you. However, with a little work and effort, you can create effective study habits that ensure